Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Still Arc-ing, I Swear!

Blech, this 'creating a plot arc' biz is more difficult than I thought. BUT! After working and reworking what I have so far, I think I've cooked up a much better first-half than originally conceived. Now, however, I'm running dry. I think I'll just get to writing and let the story and the characters yell at me. Or nag my husband; he's really quite brilliant at thinking out of the box...a great Ideas man.

I found that scribbling my existing scenes on note cards and spreading them out on the living room floor is a kick-ass way to mastermind a plot. You can shift things around easily and visualize lots of what-ifs. Just thought I'd share that wee germ of wisdom. And I do mean 'germ'.

Happy Humpday, my literary lurkers!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try the notecard thing, even bought a pack or two every a couple of times, but I must not be mentally flexible enough because the thought of shifting things makes me panicky. LOL.

    I say, at this point, yes, start writing a bit, because the actual writing might spark new plot ideas/sub plots.

    k

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Christine (Cris) Griffin is a mother, wife, writer and artist. For queries, feel free to drop an email to alizarin _ griffin AT yahoo.com. Chin-chin!