Friday, April 2, 2010

And so it begins.

Okay, so I've had this novel, in outline form, for about three years now. It hounds me, nips at my heels like Paris Hilton's lapdog. This blog is my potentially sad little attempt at getting said novel into some sort of publishable state. I may find, along the trip, that I'm a shitty writer. Here's hoping I'll improve. If nothing else, it will silence that migraine-inducing yap I hear in my brain.

Baby steps. My first goal is to post in this blog every day, with the intention of making some progress, however small, on 'The Snowglobe Oracle' (working title.) The genre is Urban Fantasy/Paranormal/Supernatural/Whateveryouwannacallit. It's inspired by a bunch of my on-line buds and our mutual attempts at storytelling. I owe them much. When I'm rich and famous, I'll throw a grand soiree and invite them all. Might even buy cars. ("YOU get a car and YOU get a car!" said, a la Oprah.) And no, it will not have sparkly vampires or a Happily Ever After ending. Fuck that noise.

As you might have already noticed, this blog will be a bit bawdier than my art one. It's purpose is not marketing or to inspire anyone but myself. It's to get me in the vibe of the book and discuss issues that will certainly arise. But hey, if anyone else happens to glean something from it, or has a cent or two to share, consider my bloggish door open and the beers ice cold. With lime. Yes, I fruit my beer.

And with that, we're off! Wish me luck, dear lurker...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Christine (Cris) Griffin is a mother, wife, writer and artist. For queries, feel free to drop an email to alizarin _ griffin AT yahoo.com. Chin-chin!