Sunday, October 9, 2011

Done and DONE!

Well, babies, I did it. I finished my Supernatural novella. It topped out at just over 40,000 words. And boy, did I learn a lot. I learned I should NOT be so ambitious with a plot, keep it more intimate and tight. I leaned I CAN write pieces of length, if properly motivated. I learned what Occam's Razor is (now, to apply that theory!), and I learned writing is hard.

Fanfiction is a helluva lot of fun! But it's addictive. I wonder if I could ever get so hooked on 'original fiction' at this point. The last series I got hooked on was Anne Rice's vampire series, which was 100 years ago. I'll probably have to wait until SPN ends, and even then...if they put out a movie...I'll be right back in the throes of addiction.

I guess until then, I won't worry about it. Life's too short to read bad books! :D Now I just have to learn to write good ones...

OH! If you want to read it, you can check out my LJ page (the art was done by a wonderful SPN bud of mine, Rebecca Johnson) which you can fine HERE. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Christine (Cris) Griffin is a mother, wife, writer and artist. For queries, feel free to drop an email to alizarin _ griffin AT yahoo.com. Chin-chin!